Friday 16 April 2021

Staying safe and sane through lockdown

Like millions of other Brits over the past twelve months the Senior Partner and I have been following the strict lockdown rules/guidelines for staying safe. When we run errands we always wear a mask, sometimes more than one, always use the hand sanitisers provided and wash our hands when we get back home.

Since M'selle Fleur passed away in February our daily exercise routines have changed slightly but we still enjoy our walks in the local park, after all a change of scenery does you good, right.

We have also been enjoying visits to the Gardens of Chatsworth House, home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, as we live nearby travel restrictions don't apply.




Restrictions are now lifting, next month there'll be even fewer and we're planning on taking a tour of the House in May, so looking forward to that.




Joining Angie @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf 
for Mosaic Monday, once again.
See, life is getting better all the time!

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you to be able to visit Chatsworth so often. I'm glad restrictions are lifting for you - the UK has had some tough ones. We still have quite a few, but ours have never been as stringent as in other places. Lovely photo of you, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found a lovely spot to often visit -- so beautiful. I'd love to see Chatsworth -- what history! It seems like Covid will never end and I suspect we'll go through periods of locking down and loosening up over and over again with all the variants. My state, Michigan, is the worst in the US. I've had both my vaccinations but I still am being super cautious. It's so nice to see you back on blog, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spot to rest! We feel so blessed to have had so many places to walk and hike this past year. It sure has helped us stay healthy and happy. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you have had safe (and beautiful) places to get out and walk. My walks in nature have been a lifesaver for me, or at the very least, a sanity saver. I’m glad things are improving and some of the restrictions lifted in your area. I enjoyed the tour of Chatsworth grounds immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again... I scrolled back, thinking I had just lost track of you somehow, but I see you have been away from blogland. So came back to say I’m glad you’re back. And also that I’m sorry about Mlle Fleur. I know you miss her still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie - so glad to see you back in the blogosphere, and especially at Mosaic Monday! I have been to Chatsworth House - spectacular grounds! So sorry to hear about Mlle Fleur. Our furry friends take up such a big spot in our hearts - a gap that can never be filled! Sounds like things are opening just in time to enjoy many other English gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie, So nice to see a post from you! I am so sorry to hear about Mlle Fleur. Glad to hear restrictions are easing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about Mlle Fleur. Derbyshire is beautiful and I am so glad you have such a beautiful place close by that you can visit often. Lovely photos!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie, are you doing all right? Hope you are. Luv your blog and look forward to hearing about your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by 'A Breath of Fresh Air' Maggie! Lovely surprise. See you are not posting here currently but glad to know you are doing well in Yorkshire.
    Hugs - and thoughts of the old days when we were newbie Bloggers and it was such fun XX

    ReplyDelete

Victorian Easter Greetings

In the late 1800's the halfpenny postage stamp was introduced in England and the craze for sending greetings cards, especially at Christ...